It’s new, easy to use and best of all, it’s free. What is it, you ask? It is called Study Guide Zone. The Study Guide Zone was developed to simplify the process and provide you with free, easy-to-understand preparation materials. Whether you are applying for college, looking for a better job, or trying to get into the military, there is something useful for you in the Study Guide Zone.
Can’t use our regular electronic resources because you either do not have a library card or you live outside of the Las Vegas area. No problem, this new site is free for anyone to use and contains all the information you need to better your scores on many of the standardized test that are given today.
Ok, now you want to know how you can access this. Ok, great! Follow these 4 simple steps to get there.
1. Go to our homepage, http://www.lvccld.org
2. Click on “Infoguides” from the left hand side of the page
3. Click on “Test preparation” under “Education”
4. Then look under “websites” and click on the link for “Study Guide Zone.’
How easy was that? Ok, now you are there, what can you do? There are several things you can do on this site.
Test taking: General information
To begin with, the site provides general information for four different kinds of examination: admission, licensing, vocational, and primary/secondary.
1. Admission exams are those like the SAT or GRE that are taken as part of your application to college or graduate school.
2. Licensing exams, for example the NCLEX and Praxis exams are required for certification in professions like teaching and nursing. Vocational exams are part of the admissions process for professional schools and the military.
3. Vocational exams are the ASVAB and the HOBET examinations.
4. Primary and secondary school exams are those like the FCAT and the THEA that are taken by students in elementary, middle, and high school. Success on secondary exams can be essential to advancing to the next grade or receiving a high school diploma.
Test taking: Test preparation
You don’t need general information, because you are already familiar with the test that you need to take. You just need to practice for the test. Ok, no worries, this is where the Study Guide Zone Test Directory comes in handy.
Simply click on the name of your exam and you will be taken to a page containing detailed information and links to free preparation materials. For many of the exams, this preparation material includes extensive guidebooks covering every aspect of the examination. Isn’t this fantastic?
In addition, many of the exam pages listed in the Test Directory contain links to practice questions composed by test experts. Each set of practice questions is modeled directly on the real exam, so that your preparation can be as authentic as possible.
Finally, be sure to check out the “Study Tips” section for some great general advice on taking tests, writing research papers, and getting the most out of your time in the classroom. This section of the Study Guide Zone summarizes the most important education research, and, perhaps more importantly, describes some of the ways you can use the insights of this research to improve your performance.
If you find this information useful, please let us know we would love to hear how we can better serve your needs.