Stuck at home this summer? Feeling sorry for yourself? While your neighbors head off to spend more gas, time and money, you can take a free “vacation” from home. All you need is your computer and an Internet connection (or use the library’s computers/free WiFi connection)…
- Visit the “world’s greatest destinations” with National Geographic’s Places of a Lifetime. Here you’ll sample cities such as Amsterdam, Florence, Jerusalem, Cape Town and more;
- View travel or IMAX videos online with Globe Trekker in MyLibraryDV or OverDrive (Downloadable Movies)
- Nurse your bitterness by checking out Tony Wheeler’s World Worsts and take the World’s Worst Travel survey;
- Turn off the computer and take a trip close to home:
- Patrons with a library card can access about 320 Fodor’s Handbooks on popular vacation spots in InfoTrac OneFile (General Onefile). While these aren’t full eBooks, they’re a good place to start researching a desired destination. The best way to see the available titles is by doing a Find Title search for Fodor’s in the Browse Publications tab.