This one is about all kinds of subjects – to test the breadth as well as depth of your knowledge. Need help? Use Credo Reference Online.
1. Which US television series starred six people including Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and David Schwimmer?
2. Which of these is not an island: Mauritius, Madagascar, or Mauritania?
3. Who wrote a famous 1892 poem about Gunga Din?
4. A regicide is someone who kills what sort of person?
5. Who directed the films “Rear Window”, “Notorious” and “The Birds”?
6. Which poet called autumn the “season of mists and mellow fruitfulness”? Was it Keats, Shakespeare or Wordsworth?
7. The Frenchman Jean-Claude Killy was famous in which sport?
8. Is toothwort a disease, a plant, or an insect?
9. Is “K” the chemical symbol for krypton, iron, or potassium?
10. The balls used in snooker have eight different colours. Name six of them.
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)