Kids InfoBits has a new fresh look for elementary school students heading back to school this fall. Full of color-full pictures makes finding information about animals, plants, people, geography, sports and many more subjects fun and easy for younger children.
Now easier than ever to find information in books,pictures, magazines, news.
Here’s a cool feature – Read to Me feature. If you child has a low reading level in English, they can click the speaker icon next to the words and have it read to them.
How It Works
Unlike traditional web search engines, where clicking on a link takes your research in a completely new direction, InterLink allows you to continue your search – both expanding and narrowing your options – and keeps you within the accredited and trusted resources of your library’s holdings.
InterLink technology connects current articles from newspapers, magazines, and journals with contextual reference content found within eBooks on GVRL (Gale Virtual Reference Library), Gale’s eBook platform. Its document-level hyperlinking is now available free across all Gale InfoTrac periodical products, such as Gale’s Power Search and General Onefile, with plans to incorporate InterLink technology into other resources.
In an article from your search results set you will now see blue links within the body of an article. These blue links provide a link(s) to the Library’s GVRL title(s) within our collection.
Clicking the link takes you to the GVRL eBook and the location with in the eBook which discusses the topic.
While uptake on eBooks has been phenomenally fast around the world, many users still long to see book content displayed in a traditional book format. Readers like the sense of “place” they experience on the printed page, the comfort of a familiar layout, and the reading breaks afforded by page turns.The book-like online reading experience is prevalent across popular reading platforms, and user expectations have now translated to research eBooks such as Gale Virtual Reference Library as well.
The latest update for GVRL is introduced specifically to exceed those expectations. Book content displays in PDF format — exactly as it would in a print copy of the book — yet readers retain the search ability and important tools typically only available within the less-visual HTML format, like the ability to create citations, download articles, and email content.
To read a GVRL title in this format just click the Browse Book link under the cover of the book.
Try the DK Books on a tablet for a great Summer Reading experience.
The State of Nevada is offering a free online session for the content found in EBSCO health resources available to public library patrons. You will learn about searching in both Health Source versions: Consumer Edition and Nursing/Academic Edition. You will also see how easy it is to include other EBSCO databases that might be relevant to a particular health-related topic.
The free online session is on Thursday, June 12, 2014 @ 10:00 AM PDT registration is required.
For additional libraries resources on health topics please visit our Hot Topic – Health Information.
What can this library resource do for you?
Having an accurate picture of your current investment portfolio is critical. The Value Line Research Center provides all of the information you need to evaluate your true position in the market, and offers both historical information and future performance projections so you can fully evaluate your choices.
• Study the historical data in the online databases for stocks you already own, and view projections for a wide array of stocks before you make a purchase decision.
• Enjoy unlimited online access* to our screeners to search for hidden gems and uncover stocks that could provide steady future income.
• Confidently diversify your holdings to spread risk evenly and protect yourself against sudden losses.
• Investment Research Newsletter – The Investment Research Newsletter provides insights and summaries of key events in the market, articles and supplementary reports designed to provide users with the most up to date information.
• The Convertibles Survey Newsletter – Each Friday, after close of business, you receive our Editor’s full weekly recommendations, Recently Proposed, and Especially Recommended Convertibles, Pending Redemptions and more!
• The Weekly Options Strategist – In addition to our twice-daily updates, the weekly newsletter reports on a variety of topics from strategies, tutorials and more!
Value Line Research Center is available at home or on-the-go with 24/7 online access with your Library card and PIN.