To learn more about using Artemis Literary Sources visit Hot Topic – How to Use the Library Databases: GALE
Did you know the library offers resources for starting and building a business? The library is full of hidden gems! Discover these wonderful gems on Hot Topics – Small Business, Starting and Building
ReadSpeaker text-to-speech technology is now available in the Repair and Bulletin/Recalls sections of ChiltonLibrary. ReadSpeaker® is the worldwide leader in online text to speech and its functionality lets users hear the article read out loud, as the words spoken are highlighted on the screen.
Users simply click the new Listen button in the Tool Bar. Pause and Stop abilities are also there. With the Settings button, users can change speed, highlighter color, and font size.
ReadSpeaker technology helps individuals who have lower reading levels comprehend details in Chilton content.
ESL/ELL users can better comprehend the content by hearing the English pronunciations.
Audio content from the Repair section can be downloaded in MP3 format for users to save and access offline.
In addition Full Service Information has been released for:
- 1996-2015 model Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars, SUVs, vans, and trucks
- 2011-2015 model Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, and Jeep cars, SUVs, vans, and trucksThese updated databases describe and direct repair procedures specified by Ford Motor Company and Chrysler. Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs), Diagnostics, Scheduled Maintenance, plus critical health and safety precautions are also included.
Key Content Changes in This Release
Comprehensive factory diagnostic and service information for over 880 Year, Make, and Model combinations.
Updated repair and diagnostic articles
449,300 from Ford
305,561 from Chrysler
Updated graphics—More than a million from Ford using color to identify components and the sequence. These are also helpful to those who may be more visual, hands-on, have difficulty reading, or those with limited English skills. More than 500,000 from Chrysler, including diagrams and real photos.
All major systems, sub-systems, and components are covered.
Download complete lists of the new ChiltonLibrary makes and models at The Gale Blog.
Planning a trip to Italy to celebrate your anniversary? Collaborating with your Chinese counterparts in your company’s Beijing branch? Just want to brush up that language you studied for four years in school but somehow can’t seem to remember at all? We’ve got you covered.
Transparent Language Online is now Available for FREE with your library card. Whether you’re starting at the very beginning with a new alphabet or you’re an intermediate learner looking to enhance your vocabulary and grammar knowledge, Transparent Language Online can help. Available for learning 95+ languages, plus English as a Second Language (ESL) materials for native speakers of 26+ languages, the program has something for everyone:
- Alphabet Courses: Full-length alphabet courses are available for 18+ languages to familiarize you with new writing systems, empowering you to learn one (or more!) of those “intimidating” languages like Mandarin Chinese, Hindi, or Arabic.
- Essentials Courses: These courses guide you through 30+ lessons of pure language fundamentals, including meeting and greeting, expressing wants and needs, planning for a trip, dealing with money, asking for help, and beyond.
- Supplemental Vocabulary: Hundreds of topically-organized vocabulary lists will teach you thousands of new words and phrases through a completely redesigned suite of fun, interactive activities that build all four core language skills: listening, speaking, reading, and writing. No more drilling paper flashcards!
- Grammar Reference: An extensive index of grammar materials rounds out the learning experience, providing both written and multimedia explanations of grammar rules and patterns.
Worried that you won’t be able to learn on your own? A customizable Learning Path allows you to choose what you want to learn, while an integrated analytics system tracks your progress, periodically prompting you to review material that you haven’t seen in a while. It’s like having a built-in teacher there to keep you on track toward your language-learning goals.
Best of all, Transparent Language Online works on any Internet-connected device, so you can learn from your laptop, phone, or tablet.
To learn more about Transparent Language Online and preview the program, swing by the library for a demo and to set up a free account. (If you use the library Zinio Magazines, you already have an account! Use the same email and password for both!) Access the program directly at Hot Topics – Databases A-Z or view the getting started videos at Hot Topics – How to Use the Library Databases
Feel free to contact us with any questions at email@example.com