The Librarian’s Brain is a place to learn about the Las Vegas – Clark County Library’s databases and online resources. We will provide information on which database to use for a specific subject, updates to the databases, about new databases added to the collection, how to use them and how to select the best database to answer your questions or help with your homework. To access the databases you will need a library card and live in the LVCCLD taxing district (except for Statewide Databases which need a library card from any Nevada Library).
The Databases can be accessed several ways.
- Databases A-Z – This is a alphabetical list of all our databases.
- Hot Topics– Combines Databases and websites about a subject together in one place. Students and teachers will find the “Education” section especially useful.
- Homework Help – contains selected databases and ‘safe’ websites by grade level and subject area.
- Statewide Databases – these databases are available to all residents of Nevada who have a library card from a Nevada library.
- Look for links within the articles to individual databases.
All links above can be found on the right hand side bar of this blog.
Endorsement of databases and websites found in this blog are done by Las Vegas – Clark County Library District staff and no material gain was given for these endorsements. Recommendations are done based on the librarian’s training and experience with the databases and websites.
Comments, linked web pages or profiles reflect the opinion of their creators and do not necessarily represent the views or policies of Las Vegas – Clark County Library District or any of its employees. Las Vegas – Clark County Library District will not be responsible or liable for content contained therein.
Blog maintained by Lauren Stokes, Virtual Library Manager.