The Library has just added a new module to ReferenceUSA – the Historical Business Database. With over 150 million records, it is more than SIX TIMES the size of our U.S. Business Database. The database will enable your patrons to make real business decisions based on real historical data, making it ideal for small business owners, entreprenuers, and researchers. To learn more about this new module and other great uses for ReferenceUSA, staff and patrons are welcome to attend a ReferenceUSA workshop at one of these locations:
Monday May 5 – 10:30 a.m.-Noon – Centennial Hills Library
Monday May 5 – 1:30pm – 3:00 p.m. – Mesquite Library
Tuesday May 6 – 10:30 a.m. – Noon – Rainbow Library
Tuesday May 6 – 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – West Charleston Library
Are you just waiting to hear those words? Baseball season is just around the corner so it’s time to checkout the Library’s Hot Topic – Sports – Baseball.
Brush up on your favorite players, read a really cool new eBook called Baseball: The National Pastime and read the latest Baseball news.
It all started with the Winter Olympics and the news reports continue on the Ukraine and the Crimean region tensions. So what is the history of this area?
Here are few resources which look at Ukraine:
The rotator cuff (RC) is comprised of four muscle-tendon units, which stabilize the humeral head within the shoulder joint and aid in powering the movement of the upper extremity. RC tears refer to a partial or full discontinuation of one or more of the muscles or tendons and may occur as a result of traumatic injury or degeneration over a period of years. The incidence of RC tears is related to increasing age; 54 percent of patients over the age of 60 years have a partial or complete RC tear compared with only 4 percent of adults under 40 years of age. Although not a life threatening condition, RC tears may cause significant pain, weakness, and limitation of motion. Both non-operative and operative treatments are used in an attempt to relieve pain and restore movement and function of the shoulder.
Read the report Comparative effectiveness of nonoperative and operative treatments for rotator cuff tears
Additional information can be found in Health and Wellness Resource Center- Rotator Cuff Injuries
Every month students using our homework help online service tell us how BrainFuse has helped them with their homework. Below are the comments students provided in February 2014. Have you tried BrainFuse yet? If so, how has it helped you?
- Thank You
- Very Helpful, encouraging, ad nice.
- My tutor, Lawrence, was really helpful. I was able to grasp many of the probability concepts that I was having trouble with. I will use Brainfuse again!
- i have alot of clear understanding on perimeter now.
- Never delete this website. you guys are the reason i still believe in myself.
- the tutors were extremely helpful with my assignment. Thank you very much for this service.
- One of the greatest uses of tax dollars we’ve seen! Excellent service that we are grateful to have.
- Good teachers and teaching help
- Thank you! I love this!
- parents love it too.
- KenB THINKS he knows the answer.
- Very helpful
- This is an excellent program. I would recommend this to anyone. Very helpful. Helped me understand my Algebra ll. I will be using this program in the future.
- I loved it it help A LOT thanks
- This program is great. It helps me so much on my homework. I just got done with Physics and my grade is finally improving! Great job 🙂
- This is really a great service. I know how to do my homework now.
- HomeroP is a good tutor!
Here just a few of the subjects students ask for help in:
- High School Writing 27.53%
- Algebra 2 11.06%
- Algebra 1 8.64%
- Precalculus 7.26%
- Chemistry 7.14%
- Geometry 6.45%
- Social Studies Grade 11 5.18%
- Middle School Math 3.11%
- Pre-Algebra 3.0%
- Reading – Grades 10-12 2.65%
- Math Grade 6 2.65%
- Biology 2.53%
- Math Grade 5 2.07%