We all know some famous people, but sometimes we only know their surnames. Try to answer these questions about celebrities’ first names. Need help? Use Credo Reference
1. What was the first name of Olivier (1907-1989), English actor whose films included “Wuthering Heights”, “Rebecca” and “Henry V”?
2. What was the first name of Einstein (1879-1955), German-born physicist famous for his theories of relativity?
3. What was the first name of Edison (1847-1931), famous inventor and businessman who popularized the use of electricity?
4. What is the first name of Armani (born 1934), Italian designer, one of the most influential designers of the 1980s?
5. What was the first name of Boswell (1740-1795), journal writer and biographer of Samuel Johnson?
6. What is the first name of Aguilera (born 1980), US pop singer whose first hit “Reflection” (1998) appeared on the soundtrack for the Disney animated film “Mulan”?
7. What was the first name of Picasso (1881-1973), Spanish painter, a pioneer of Cubism?
8. What was the real first name of the jazz musician Duke Ellington (1899-1974)? Was it Edward, Edmund, or John?
9. What is the first name of Gorbachev (born 1931), the Soviet Union’s last president?
10. What was the first name of Brahms (1833-1897), composer born in Hamburg?
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)