We recently had a brainteaser about animal offspring. Now here’s a quiz about the names given to male and female animals. Can you state the normal names given to the male and female animals here? Need help? Try Credo Reference.
1. What is the usual name for a female dog?
2. What is the usual word for a male duck?
3. What is the common word for a female fox?
4. What is the word for a female tiger?
5. What is the name for a male rabbit or reindeer?
6. What is the word for a female antelope?
7. A gander is the male of which animal?
8. What is the usual word for a female donkey?
9. What is the usual word for a male swan?
10. A hob is the male of which animal?
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)