If you have playground equipment in your backyard, you’ll want to make it a fun – and safe – place for kids to play. Unfortunately, injuries on home playgrounds can be more than just scraped knees or minor bruises. You can help prevent many of these injuries. The Outdoor home playground safety handbook highlights the most important safety information you need to know about planning, constructing, and maintaining an outdoor home playground.
- The backyard playground : recreational landscapes & play structures.
- KaBOOM! : how one man built a movement to save play
- Playsets : ideas and plans for play structures
- From crib to kindergarten
- Childproofing and preventing household accidents
- National Program for Playground Safety
- Playground Safety Library
- National Recreation and Park Association: Playground Safety
- Playground Safety Resources