Here is another of our popular general knowledge quizzes, which test the breadth as well as the depth of your knowledge. Need help? Use Credo Reference.
1. In Charles Perrault’s fairy tale about Cinderella, what vegetable or fruit was turned into a magnificent carriage for her?
2. What was the name of the bald detective played in a TV police series by Telly Savalas in the 1970s?
3. Which group of islands includes Tenerife, Lanzarote and Fuerteventura?
4. Which part of the body is affected by the disease of silicosis?
5. What vegetable is used to make sauerkraut?
6. Was the musical “My Fair Lady” written by Lerner & Loewe, Rodgers & Hart, or Rodgers & Hammerstein?
7. The heads of four American presidents are carved on Mount Rushmore. Name three of these presidents.
8. Was the composer Vivaldi French, Italian or Greek?
9. What pseudonym was generally used by the American writer Samuel Langhorne Clemens?
10. What is the official language of Austria?
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)