Parents are powerful – you can make a difference!
Drinking and kids don’t mix. When kids and teens drink, bad things happen, and it affects them far into the future. It may be uncomfortable, but the best solution is to talk with your kids about drinking. If you let them know you think it’s not ok, they will listen! You probably won’t realize it till later, but what you tell your kids now will help guide their choices for the rest of their lives.
Why should you talk with your kids about drinking? HOW do you talk with your kids about drinking? Help is here. In 24 pages, you can start to make a difference.
- Teen Drinking – Health and Wellness Resource Center
- Teen Health Hot Topic
- Alcohol Awareness Hot Topic
- Frequently asked questions about binge drinking and alcohol abuse
- On the Rocks – Teenage drinking (DVD)
- Drowning in a bottle
- Reality gap : alcohol, drugs and sex–what parents don’t know and what teens aren’t telling
- Safe Road Home – toxic tales of teens and alcohol
- Alcohol Abuse – Dying for a drink (DVD)
- Medline Plus on Underage Drinking
- Underage Drinking
- Underage Drinking Fact Sheet
- Surgeon General’s call to prevent and reduce underage drinking – a guide for the family
- Spotlight on Youth Alcohol
- Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD)
- Mayo Clinic on Underage Drinking – talking with your teen about alcohol