Here’s another brain teaser to test the breadth as well as the depth of your knowledge. Need help? Use Credo Reference Online
1. What is the usual word for a male duck?
2. In which sport do players shout “fore” as a warning that they are about to make a shot?
3. Which state of the USA is known as the “Lone Star State”?
4. Which band did English pop star Robbie Williams sing with from 1990 to 1995?
5. The Bay of Biscay is bounded by which two countries?
6. Is a tarboosh a kind of plant, hat or carpet?
7. Which painter was portrayed by Kirk Douglas in the 1956 film “Lust For Life”?
8. Is pertussis another name for whooping cough, measles or jaundice?
9. How many symphonies did Johannes Brahms complete: four, seven or ten?
10. Who wrote the novels “The Grapes of Wrath”, “Tortilla Flat” and “East of Eden”?
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)