We recently had a brainteaser about animals in books. Now here’s a quiz about animals in films. Need help? Try Credo Reference Online. Now with over 600 reference books at your fingertips!
1. Which 1942 animated feature film told the story of a young fawn whose friends included Thumper and Flower?
2. In “The Wizard of Oz”, Dorothy said to her dog “I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas any more!” What was the name of her dog?
3. Leo the lion roars at the beginning of each movie made by which film company?
4. Which cartoon animal was featured in Walt Disney’s first sound cartoon, “Steamboat Willie”?
5. What was the title of the 1995 film adapted from Dick King-Smith’s novel “The Sheep-Pig”, about a pig who discovers it can herd sheep?
6. “Ring of Bright Water” was a 1969 film based on Gavin Maxwell’s life with which kind of animals?
7. Which 1993 movie featured an orca whale calf called Keiko?
8. “National Velvet” was a 1945 film starring Elizabeth Taylor in which Velvet, a butcher’s daughter, wins what in a raffle?
9. What kind of fish was Nemo in the 2003 film called “Finding Nemo”?
10. What was the name of the Siamese cat that appeared in the 1958 film “Bell, Book and Candle”?
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)