You may not think you are an expert on literature, but many people can recall things about Shakespeare. Test your knowledge of the Bard with this brainteaser. Need help? Try Credo Reference.
Want to learn more about Shakespeare the Virtual Library also has the Shakespeare Collection which has the complete works, as well as editions and adaptations of Shakespeare’s works, other works published during Shakespeare’s time, prompt books, the Gordon Crosse Theatrical Diaries, criticism, reviews, images, and reference.
1. In which town was Shakespeare born?
2. Shakespeare’s play “Hamlet” is set in which country?
3. Who was Shakespeare’s wife?
4. There was a real king of Scotland called Macbeth. Is this true or false?
5. In which Shakespeare play do the words “Et tu, Brute?” occur?
6. Which of Shakespeare’s comedies includes characters called Oberon, Titania, Puck and Bottom?
7. In a Shakespeare play, who was described like this: “Age cannot wither her, nor custom stale/Her infinite variety”?
8. Which Shakespeare story was used as the basis of a 1999 American teenage comedy film, “10 Things I Hate About You”?
9. Which Shakespeare play includes the words “All the world’s a stage”?
10. The musical by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart called “The Boys from Syracuse” is derived from which
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)