Some people may think this subject is boring but it affects us all, so how much do you know about it? Need help? Use Credo Reference Online.
1. The Dáil is the lower house of the parliament of which country?
2. Who was prime minister of Italy in 1994-95, 2001-06, and from 2008?
3. The American presidents Ronald Reagan and George Bush were members of which political party?
4. In Britain in 1924, the Labour Party formed its first ministry. Who was its prime minister: Ramsay MacDonald, Asquith, or Keir Hardie?
5. In the US, the Secretary of State is in charge of which branch of policy?
6. In which country did the government launch the “Hundred Flowers” campaign in 1956?
7. In the 19th century, which British political party’s outstanding leaders were Palmerston, Gladstone, and Lloyd George?
8. Who has been president of France since 2007?
9. Which political party was the governing party in India from 1947 until 1977?
10. In which country was the Free Soil Party formed in 1848?
How did you do?0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)