This week’s brainteaser is about where famous people were born. Just say in which country each of these people was born. Need help? Use Credo Reference Online
1. Cliff Richard, pop-singer.
2. Pierce Brosnan, actor.
3. Germaine Greer, feminist critic.
4. Anna Kournikova, tennis-player and model.
5. Louis Pasteur, chemist and microbiologist.
6. Placido Domingo, operatic tenor.
7. Henrik Ibsen, dramatist and poet.
8. Heidi Klum, model and actress.
9. Socrates, philosopher.
10. Paula Rego, painter.
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!