This week’s brainteaser is about the color white. All the answers have “white” in their names or concern something called “white.” Need help? Use Credo Reference Online.
1. What is the official name of the executive mansion of the President of the United States?
2. What kind of shark is famous as the “villain” of the various Jaws films?
3. As the name for something, what is a white elephant?
4. In astronomy, what kind of thing is a white dwarf?
5. Which band recorded the 1968 album that is generally called “The White Album”?
6. Which 1992 movie was the first starring film role for Woody Harrelson as a basketball-player opposite Wesley Snipes?
7. In Jack London’s 1906 novel “White Fang”, what kind of animal was White Fang?
8. Which 1937 film was nicknamed “Disney’s Folly” by some industry insiders?
9. What kind of thing is the Dashing White Sergeant?
10. Who wrote the 1958 historical fantasy “The Once and Future King”?
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)