This brainteaser is about the famous mothers of famous children. Need help? Use Credo Reference.
1. Who was Liza Minnelli’s mother?
2. What was the first name of Lisa Marie Presley’s mother, the wife of Elvis Presley from 1967 to 1973?
3. Actor Debbie Reynolds was the mother of which US film actor and writer famous for her role as Princess Leia in the original Star Wars trilogy?
4. What was the first name of the mother of Elizabeth II and Princess Margaret?
5. In an American television sitcom which ended in 1997, what was the first name of the central character who was married to Dan and was mother to David Jacob (DJ), Darlene and Becky?
6. In classical mythology, which tragic king unknowingly married his mother, Jocasta?
7. Which film actress, who appeared in The Birds and Marnie, is the mother of actress Melanie Griffith?
8. Which painter called a famous painting of his mother “Arrangement in Grey and Black Number 1″ although it is widely known by a different title?
9. Who is the mother of US actor Kate Hudson?
10. In a Shakespeare play, which Roman aristocrat was dominated by his powerful mother, Volumnia?
How did you do?
0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)