The recently released film The Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides provides an opportunity to examine pirate imagery in popular culture.
Explore the topic of pirates with reliable reference content and primary sources. Content includes:
- An overview of the history of pirate imagery in film and literature
- An in-depth Need to Know article that looks at the evolution of pirate iconography throughout history, from 1883’s Treasure Island to the Pirates of the Caribbean films of today
- A fun and interesting Examine section, giving you the chance to delve deeper into a pirate’s world by exploring the average background of a pirate, clothing style and type, language and slang, and the typical vessels pirates used to plunder the high seas.
Start exploring now!
- History and the Headlines – Pirates of the Caribbean (Free resource)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library – Pirate (Requires a LVCCLD library card)