Many things are so famous that their names have become well-known brands. Can you answer these questions about brands? Need help? Use Credo Reference
1. Name the UK record company founded by Richard Branson.
2. Which US corporation was founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen in 1975?
3. What do the letters “BBC” stand for as the name of the UK state-owned broadcasting network?
4. Which German brand of automobiles was created by a merger of the Daimler and Benz factories in 1926?
5. Which make of training shoes is named after the Greek winged goddess of victory?
6. As the name of a record label, what do the letters “HMV” stand for?
7. What is the tradename of a brand of soft paper tissue, used for paper handkerchiefs – the world’s first paper handkerchiefs?
8. What was the first name of the man called Hilton who started Hilton hotels?
9. What did the inventor of Pepsi-Cola imply by using the word “Pepsi”?
10. In 1950, what was the first credit card company?
How did you do?0 – 1 Mmmm, not exactly brilliant.
2 – 5 A reasonable stab.
6 – 8 A good showing. But there’s still room for improvement!
9 – 10 You really know your stuff. Well done!
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)