March is Nutrition month. Here are some Quick & Easy ideas for Nutrition programming. Did you know you can use Health & Wellness Resource Center for more information on nutrition? Elementary school grades can find full text articles that are easy to read in Primary Search.
Quick & Easy
Printable Activities, Coloring Pages, and Bookmarks and also a few Quick and Easy Programming Ideas for Children and Teens:
Printable Activities to Use with Picture Books
- The only thing more fun than The Runaway Garden by Jeffrey Schatzer is the full color Activity Guide with vegetable songs, coloring pages, activity pages, and more.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle is a story time classic. After you share the story discuss fruit and nutrition with a Very Hungry Caterpillar Coloring Sheet, a Booklet to make and color, or Story Cards (p. 9).
Other Printable Activities for Children
- Fruit Coloring Page
- Vegetable Coloring Page
- Fruit Mini Book
- USDA Food Pyramid Activity Sheet for Preschoolers
- USDA Food Pyramid Activity Sheet for Older Kids
- Nutrition is Fun (Color)
- Nutrition is Fun (to Color)
- Two-Sided USDA Food Pyramid Bookmarks for Preschoolers
Programming Ideas for Children and Teens
- Preschool Games to Teach Nutrition Information (brighthub.com)
- Nutrition Guidelines: Getting Started (everydayhealth.com)