View and discuss the following:
- Students will view the two videos and answer the questions on North Korea
1. What does the video say about censorship in North Korea? Do you feel it is sometimes necessary for the government to censor material? Why or why not?
2. How is the government and role of the leader similar or different to that of your own country?
3. Why is North Korea referred to as the Hermit Kingdom?
4. How do North Korean’s view Americans? Why do they hold this opinion?
5. What is unique about the North Korean border village (near the end of the first video)?
6. What is the DMZ? Why can’t people cross the border there?
7. How is health care similar or different to that of your country?
21st Century Core Content
Government and Civics
21st Century Themes
21st Century Skills
Make Judgments and Decisions
Collaborate with Others
Access and Evaluate Information
Use and Manage Information