This week’s brainteaser is all about rivers of various sorts. Need help? Try Credo Reference.
1. What is the world’s longest river?
2. Which well-known university town is located in England on the Cam River?
3. What was the title of the song which Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer wrote as the theme music for the 1961 film “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”?
4. Which river, 4,000 miles long, begins near the Pacific Ocean and descends through Peru and Brazil before emptying into the Atlantic Ocean on the equator?
5. The Huang-he is the second longest river in China. What English name is given to it because of the great amounts of silt it carries down?
6. The Bow River in Banff National Park is in which country?
7. Which Irish river rises in the Wicklow Mountains and divides the city of Dublin into two?
8. In which country does the River Oise begin?
9. In 1915, who wrote the “Spoon River Anthology”, a collection of epitaphs in free verse?
10. In classical myths, the shades of the dead had to cross which river to reach Hades?
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk).