This brainteaser is about musical shows and films. Need help? Use Credo Reference to find the answers.
1. Which 1959 musical was about a nun who becomes governess to the aristocratic Von Trapp family in Austria?
2. Which 1981 musical comedy was based on poems from “Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats” by T. S. Eliot?
3. In which 1972 film did Liza Minnelli play Sally Bowles, an American nightclub singer in 1930s Berlin?
4. Which musical includes the song “Don’t Cry for Me, Argentina”?
5. Which 1978 film included the songs “Stayin’ Alive” and “How Deep is Your Love”?
6. Which 1967 musical was billed as “the tribal love-rock musical”?
7. Which 1948 musical by Cole Porter was based on Shakespeare’s “Taming of the Shrew”?
8. Which composer wrote the musicals “A Little Night Music” and “Sunday in the Park with George”?
9. Which 1950 musical comedy by Frank Loesser was based on stories by Damon Runyon?
10. Which 1954 film was a musical version of Philip Barry’s Broadway play “The Philadelphia Story”?
Questions set by Tony Augarde, author of “The Oxford Guide to Word Games”.