A trio is a group of three people or things. Can you answer these questions about sets of three?
Need help? Try Credo Reference.
- When guitarist Jimi Hendrix came to London, he put together a trio with drummer Mitch Mitchell and bass guitarist Noel Redding. What was the name of this group?
- “The three Rs” are the three skills regarded as the fundamentals of education. What are these three subjects?
- Dumas’s popular novel “The Three Musketeers” was about D’Artagnan and his three musketeer friends. What were these friends’ names?
- Diana Ross began singing with a trio called the Primettes, with her friends Mary Wilson and Florence Ballard. Berry Gordy, the founder of the Motown record label, renamed them as what?
- In which tragedy by William Shakespeare is a Scottish nobleman misled by the prophecy of three witches?
- The athletics event known as the triple jump was formerly called what?
- Which comic opera by Gilbert and Sullivan includes the song “Three Little Maids from School”?
- The Triple Entente was an understanding between three countries that developed between 1894 and 1907 and became a formal alliance on the outbreak of World War I. Which three countries were involved in the Triple Entente?
- What are the three events involved in the equestrian contest called a “three-day event”?
- In classical music, a piano trio usually consists of a piano and which two other instruments?Find the answers here.