In May, France hosts one of its most famous events: the Cannes Film Festival. Try to answer this brainteaser about France and the French.
- Which famous Frenchman died on the island of St. Helena on May 5, 1821?
- What are the three colours on the French flag?
- Which historic event occurred in France on 14 July 1789?
- Champagne is a sparkling wine that was first produced in which part of France: the Northeast, the Northwest or the Southeast?
- Pissarro, Sisley and Renoir were part of which art movement which started in France in the 1860s?
- What is the title of the national anthem of France?
- Rouen and Le Havre owe their prosperity to their favourable location on which river?
- The musical “Les Misérables” was based on a book by which French author?
- France is bounded by seven countries. Name six of them.
- Which French film director and writer adapted his novel “L’eau des collines” for the films “Jean de Florette” and “Manon des Sources”?
Find the answers here.