Operation Enduring Freedom provides details on the role of the U.S. Army in the critical three-year period following the conclusion of Operation Anaconda in March 2002. It details the story of American and international forces working to solidify the initial invasion’s crippling of al-Qaeda and removal of the Taliban. It tells the tale of the U.S. Army’s search for a proper balance between counter terrorism and counterinsurgency operations as the enemy rebuilt his forces from safe havens in Pakistan. Finally, it chronicles the Army’s efforts to maintain an effective presence in Afghanistan while juggling the challenges of an indigenous population historically opposed to foreign forces and the decreased resources available after the start of the Iraq war in 2003.
For additional information on American History and Middle East conflicts see:
“Being thus arived in a good harbor and brought safe to land, they fell upon their knees and blessed the God of heaven, who had brought them over the vast and furious ocean . . . “ from the journal of William Bradford, 1630. Learn more about the first Thanksgiving Day from the resources gathered together on our Hot Topic – Holidays, Celebrations & More – November.
Having an accurate picture of your current investment portfolio is critical. The Value Line Research Center provides all of the information you need to evaluate your true position in the market, and offers both historical information and future performance projections so you can fully evaluate your choices.
• Study the historical data in the online databases for stocks you already own, and view projections for a wide array of stocks before you make a purchase decision.
• Enjoy unlimited online access* to our screeners to search for hidden gems and uncover stocks that could provide steady future income.
• Confidently diversify your holdings to spread risk evenly and protect yourself against sudden losses.
• Investment Research Newsletter – The Investment Research Newsletter provides insights and summaries of key events in the market, articles and supplementary reports designed to provide users with the most up to date information.
• The Convertibles Survey Newsletter – Each Friday, after close of business, you receive our Editor’s full weekly recommendations, Recently Proposed, and Especially Recommended Convertibles, Pending Redemptions and more!
• The Weekly Options Strategist – In addition to our twice-daily updates, the weekly newsletter reports on a variety of topics from strategies, tutorials and more!
Value Line Research Center is available at home or on-the-go with 24/7 online access with your Library card and PIN.
Are people living with HIV or AIDS protected by the ADA? Yes. Persons with HIV, both symptomatic and asymptomatic, have physical impairments that substantially limit one or more major life activities or major bodily functions and are, therefore, protected by the law. Read more in Questions and answers : the Americans with Disabilities Act and persons with HIV/AIDS.
To learn more about HIV/AIDS visit AIDS and HIV Hot Topic