Holidays provide a great way to introduce students to the culture and history of a country. “Observe” a world holiday in your classroom by asking students to research the holiday’s origins or learn more about a particular aspect of the country. Resources to use for this project:
- CultureGrams: World Edition (use holidays in search box)
- Credo Reference )use Holidays, Festivals, and Celebrations of the World Dictionary )
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (use world and holidays in basic search)
Tip: Find it Fast! Search all three databases at once by following theses steps:
- Check off these three databases on the Databases A-Z section of the Database page
- Enter world in the first keyword box and enter holidays in the second keyword box
- Click “Go”.